Thursday, October 12, 2006

Why You Can't Learn To Like It

Before strollin the net, I was a stroller of the New York Times in messy get it all over your hands in black and white print. From those days, I have a stack of press clippings of articles I knew I would read again and again. This one named in the title is from January 25, 2004. Being a staff member of an environmental organization and having a degree in microbiology, what stood out to me most is this, "That leap from "understand" to "appreciate" is long and blind. The word understand remains elusive. I don't understand an elm tree, but give me the right one, and I like to sit under it. Knowing its biology may help, but the heart is not a biologist." National Wildlife Federation has an emerging program, Green Hour, to help us find our appreciation of the natural world and maybe a little understanding along the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home