Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My Text Resolution

My resolution is to become a proficient text-er and here's where my story begins --

First, in the mall shopping during the holiday season riding the escalator behind a teenage text-er and feeling oh so irrelevant with my 60 words/minute on the keyboard.

Second, my father-in-law notes he can never reach his college bound daughter because she never answers the phone when it rings she only responds to IM. A-ha! 30 minutes later a successful text message and immediate call back from said daughter.

Third, as a new mom projecting that experience forward to my son who will have this once-hip internet-savvy mom who uses a computer to send messages (how embarrassing!)

So, I am teaching myself to be good at texting and to help me get started, learning more abbreviations than just LOL and BRB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home